Gluten free kheema curry recipe, a delicious Indian curry made with lots of fresh ginger, fresh and ground coriander, turmeric and chilli powder in a tomato sauce. Traditionally made with mutton, we have used lamb although you can also make it with ground (minced) beef.
This is an easy gluten free recipe. You need to pay attention at the beginning as you are getting the sauce prepared but once everything is in the pan you just leave it to simmer away.
When making gluten-free recipes such as this gluten free kheema curry recipe following a few simple rules will ensure your gluten free lamb stays gluten free, we have some easy to follow tips on our Avoiding Gluten page.
This Gluten Free Kheema Mince recipe will serve 4 people.
2 fl oz (50ml) vegetable oil
4 medium-sized onions, thinly sliced
1in (2.5cm) fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoons coriander
1 ½ lb ground (minced lamb or beef
1 ½lb (700g) chopped canned tomatoes
2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a moderately high heat. When the oil is hot, add the onions, ginger and garlic. Reduce the heat to moderately low and, stirring frequently, fry the mixture for 5-7 minutes or until the onions are soft and translucent but not brown.
2. Stir in the turmeric, chilli powder and ground coriander and fry, stirring occasionally for a further 3 minutes.
3. Add the meat, increase the heat to moderate and, stirring frequently, fry for 8-10 minutes, or until the meat is well browned.
4. Add the tomatoes, stir well and reduce the heat to moderately low, cover the pan and cook your gluten free kheema mince for 10 minutes.
5. Uncover the pan, season to taste and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Sprinkle over the coriander leaves and serve with rice and your choice of vegetables.
We also love a dollop of Tzatziki with ours.
Making and discovering delicious tasting food that just happens to be gluten free.
Recipes, reviews and information.
Whether you are living gluten free full-time, trying out it out for health reasons or occasionally catering for gluten free friends and family.
At how2bglutenfree we aim to de-mystify gluten free.
FREE How2bglutenfree Newsletter!